Friday, April 10, 2009

in the 6th hour

the heavens grew dark. All of creation mourned. For 3 hours it remained.
In the 9th hour the veil was torn and the earth trembled. He whispered "It is finished" and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit (John 19:30). He died a criminals death. For me. With each blow of the hammer, the worlds sins were reconciled.

I gaze upon the cross today and I know by the spilling of Your blood that it is finished.
As a filthy criminal laden with sin, I ask "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." (Luke 23:42)

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid—
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;

(Don't worry... the story doesn't end there). Keep reading here.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

beautifully said...