Thursday, January 22, 2009

When the husband is away...

Since Matt is out of town for the rest of this week, I decided to use the free time to sew up a storm.  I have been starting AND finishing lots of fun projects out of my sewing books that JoEllen gave me for Christmas and I can't get enough.  Some of them are super messy, but I am learning a ton (mostly because I mess up).  Tonight I created a cute little clutch with a big yellow button (don't look to closely at the seams, YIKES!).


p.s. isn't the pincushion adorable (another Christmas gift from JoEllen). Gotta love Etsy.

I am also putting the finishing touches on my quilting class quilt (I am the ONLY person who messed up sooo severely in class that I had to do a lot of it at home).  Oh well, still learned a lot, even if it was just how to effectively use my seam ripper.  I am all finished except for stitching the binding down on the back.  This is the tedious hand sewing part, ick.  Oh well, the end product will be worth the sore fingers I guess.  Here's a little sneak peak. 

2 comments:

Keli B. said...

shan, your craftiness is inspiring!
also, where did you get that lampshade!? love it!

Unknown said...

Oh, I can't wait to see that quilt! I really wish I knew how to sew!