Monday, January 19, 2009

Paying it Forward

To my faithful followers (all 2 of you),

Recently, I was the recipient of a random act of kindness.  
What kind of random act you ask?  
A few weeks ago, I  was sent a gift in the mail... two tea towels adorned with tea pots to be exact. They look like this (cute... I know).  
My friend Courtney was this giver.  No reason, just because.  How cool is that?  I mean I knew Courtney was cool, but that was just straight 
t up awesome.  Thanks Court... it seriously made my day/week/year.  
I thought about sending her a thank you card and showering her in gifts of my own but I decided that Courtney would probably want me to pay it forward and send someone else a random gift.  
So here's the thing.  Since Courtney and I reconnected because of our blogs, I decided to have a little contest here.  Whoever leaves a comment (about anything) gets their name put in a hat.  By the end of the day on Wednesday I will
 randomly pull out a name and whoever he/she is, will receive this in the mail. 
It's a grocery bag dispenser, lovingly made by me.  It's not perfect, but it's functional.  I even made it extra large for all of those grocery bags hanging out in the bottom of your pantry.  If you already have one that's okay, enter your name anyway and when you receive it in the mail turn around and give it to someone else... you get it now, right?  Paying it forward?  
Courtney: (you are eligible!)
Happy commenting!

15 comments:

MKLoeffler said...

it's a tea towel, a TEA TOWEL, TEA TOWEL!haha

Cher said...

Shannon-
I ALWAYS read your blog!

Courtney said...

Gosh....this is really all I could ask for.

I am flattered.

Unknown said...

Doesn't it make you feel great? I got a random birthday gift from someone I never expected to even know it was my birthday and it made me feel so special! =) Oh and Bryan's rooting for me to win this because I refuse to throw away the gajillions of plastic sacks under the sink! have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Are family members prohibited from entering the contest?

Calamity J said...

I want the grocery bag dispenser :) haha! But then I'd have to pay it forward too, right...shoot, I'm not as good of a sewer as you yet!

p.s. Love the tea towel, love your creativeness, love the blog!

Mark and Lori said...

Good job sewing all the time S! My mother needs a grocery bag dispenser! Hope you are well!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm here. You don't have to enter me, as I already have one that I love. It's cute, though!

Dani said...

I echo Mary Kim's "TEA TOWEL, TEA TOWEL!!" lol It is now a regular line around our place :)

Unknown said...

You said grocery bags on the bottom of the pantry. Were you specifically calling us out?

Faith said...

found your blog through a bunch of other people's blog. clicking around will do that!

what sweet friends you have!

Victoria said...

Don't have to enter me either..but just thought I'd let you know that since I discovered your blog around Thanksgiving I've enjoyed your posts!

Keep up the good work- blogging and sewing! ;)

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from facebook, now i have it bookmarked in my favorites and check for updates every couple of days...and to look at your gorgeous pictures!

amy said...

I think this is the cutest idea. And if I win, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make anything half as cute to give to someone else, but I could buy something =)

Anonymous said...

i am too late for the contest, but i would consider myself a follower :)

loves ya!