Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Holiday, Day 5

Written by Shannon Leigh

On day 5 we went on a tour of Blenheim Palace (the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill) and the Cotswolds... 
This was something that I was VERY excited about.  
I couldn't wait to see the old little English cottages peppering the English country side.
Our first stop: Blenheim Palace


The first village we visited was DELIGHTFUL... I fell in love with all of the adorable buildings and the shops.


We then made a stop at Arlington Row, which is in probably the most famous Cotswold village, Bibury.
This is definitely what I think of when I think of English Architecture!  
These fences are EVERYWHERE in the Cotswolds.  They are close to 900 years old...
And of course you have to walk on a Medieval bridge to complete the experience.
Our last stop was a tiny little village that had about 10 houses, all with thatched roofs and piping chimneys.  I felt like I had walked into a scene from the Holiday.  We had afternoon tea at a sweet little pub with SOOO much charm.
Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...what I would give to live in a house like that!!! The building architecture is just breathtaking...why can't they build houses like that here???