Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lately

Written by Shannon Leigh

IMG_9230-1
{June 5, 2011}
Yesterday morning I was awoken by a sweet little 15 month old screaming "hi mama" over and over again.
She was toddling along carrying a tube of disinfecting wipes (don't worry, the lid was closed tightly-I think).
She was so proud.
She handed them to me in bed as if she were handing me the crown jewels.
She then said "tank oooo (thank you)." She gets confused on when to use that.

She is changing SO FAST.
She says like a bazillion words. No really, like there are too many to list. We wrote them in her baby book and they filled up an entire page.
See?


She currently looks like she has been in a bar fight. She keeps falling down and scratching/bruising her face. It's pitiful. I guess that's just what happens when you're a toddler. This is new territory for all of us. Miss independent want to do it all herself.

She loves to get on and off of her radio flyer. I'm glad that she is finally figuring it out. Most of times she sits on it backwards.
She also LOVES the water. Like REALLY loves the water.
IMG_1701IMG_1721
{June 30, 2011}

I haven't been taking a lot of pictures this month. I am smack dab in the middle of wedding season and life around here is crazy. Good but crazy.
Even though we are busy I feel like the Lord has been multiplying my time. Hallelujah.
IMG_9227-1
{June 5, 2011}

I need to give a shout out to my man. Oh how I adore him.
He is so helpful and steady. He lets me sleep in in the morning and he takes Ruby duty until he leaves for work.
The other night I locked myself in the office to edit for a few hours. He even made dinner and brought it to me. It was like room service! I know he's not perfect but he sure is good to me (most of the time). ;)
IMG_9209-1
{June 5, 2011}

Ruby is also obsessed with trains. We live close to 2 different tacks so when she hears a train during the day she stops what she's doing and says "CHOOO CHOOO" at the top of her lungs. It's hilarious.
IMG_9234-1
{saying choo choo- June 5, 2011}

2 comments:

Brooke Roth said...

Shan - she is a doll! I cannot believe how big she is getting...and I love the Choo choo picture.

MKLoeffler said...

Jaden and Ruby look like they could have gotten in a fight with each other! We too are finding more bumps and bruises on our new little cruiser. Wish we could meet miss Ruby! I love seeing her photos!