Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shirtless

Written by Shannon Leigh

AndersonFAM-1106
AndersonFAM-1084
AndersonFAM-1093
Many years ago Matt drove to my parent's house for the first time.

It was June after my freshman year of college and Matt's first year of law school. We had only been dating since the very end of March. He had met my parents once before but he was about to meet the rest of the clan (extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc). It was going to be intense.

I already knew that I was going to marry him.

That weekend was the first time he told me he loved me.

In fact he said: "I have always had a picture in my head of the girl that would walk down the isle to me. She was blonde & tan (yes, I USED to be tan). Now that girl has a face."

AndersonFAM-1019AndersonFAM-1020
AndersonFAM-1032AndersonFAM-1040

However sweet THAT was, that really isn't the point of this post.

Back to my story.

So it was June and Matt was driving from STL to my parents house outside of Springfield, about an hour and a half drive.

It was HOT, really hot.

Matt drove a red Ford Taurus that was all kinds of ghetto.

It didn't have air conditioning.

Did I mention that it was HOT?

So what did the love of my life do?

He drove an hour and a half in a red Ford Taurus without air conditioning... SHIRTLESS.

Yes, you read that correctly. Shirtless. As in he didn't wear a shirt, at all.

He didn't want to sweat through his shirt so his only option was to go SHIRTLESS.

Can't you just picture it?

Talk about classy.
AndersonFAM-1087AndersonFAM-1088

Luckily I didn't witness this debacle since he put his shirt on before he got to our driveway.
Thank goodness.
I might have wanted out. :)
AndersonFAM-1094AndersonFAM-1096AndersonFAM-1098
{all pictures from Matt Debackere, October 8, 2010}

All I know is that it was true love way back then and we're even more in love now.

I am one blessed girl.

June20040001
{Picture of us on that fateful day. June 13, 2004}

1 comments:

The Wickershams said...

haha truly laughed out loud picturing such things!