Monday, May 4, 2009

Ode to being 24 (part 2)

Written by Shannon Leigh

On my actual birthday (last Thursday) Matt and I celebrated my 24 years with Mexican soda.  If you haven't had some you should really go to your local Mexican grocery store and pick some up (you might want to stay away from the meat because of the whole Swine Flu thing).
We ended up going to the Courier Cafe in Urbana.  Matt and I are frequenters of this cute little establishment.  It's practically famous in these parts.  Read their story here
I had some birthday blueberry pie and Matt celebrated with a brownie covered in ice cream and whipped cream.  Both were delightful.  We left with full bellies and happy hearts.

Good thing my birthday fell on Dessert Thursday.  What a happy coincident. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm... Jarritos and The Courier. SO JEALOUS!

Evan said...

If you're in to little Mexican cafes you should go to El Charro near the corner of Green and 1st. Delicioso.