Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fried Pickles

Written by Shannon Leigh
I usually prefer my chips to be super greasy or so cheesy that my hands are stained orange for two days. Come to think of it, I am a big proponent of all things fried.

Speaking of fried, have you ever had fried pickles? We were discussing this last night at our Covenant Group and my mouth was watering just thinking about them. They are my absolute favorite. There is a place in Murphysboro, Il called 17th ST. Bar & Grill and they served up the BEST fried pickles. They have recently opened up locations in Marion and O'Fallon too. Matt and I are headed to O'Fallon this weekend so maybe fried pickles are in the not-so-distant future. YES!!!

Putting aside my love for greasy fried potato chips I have recently discovered Baked Lays Cheddar & Sour Cream. I was pleasantly surprised with the taste and these bad boys are so much better for me. When the package says cheese and sour cream, I'm bound to enjoy it. Here's to healthier eating (or something like that). Maybe I'll save the fried pickles for special occasions only.

3 comments:

amy said...

i JUST finished eating a handful of the baked sour cream and onion ones...they're my weakness (although i'd prefer something greasier, i'm scared of clogging an artery..)

Keli B. said...

i do love those chips. and i also love 17th st fried pickles! lays makes a dill pickle flavored chip that, in my opinion, is quite enjoyable. you should give those a try! mmmm, pickles! and i'm not just saying that because i'm pregnant! ;)

also, have you gotten that rebate from the organix shampoo? i sure haven't!

The Slaters said...

Those fried pickles are the only thing I miss from southern Illinois - they were awesome. 17th street also has a stand at the IL. State fair.