Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In 25 years, we'll have shade.

Within the last busy week the central Illinois weather turned from mildly unpleasant to downright bitter. Instead of watery dew covering the grass in the morning, today we woke up to a thick layer of frost! My animated impatiens gifted to me by the lovely B. Gorrell in May, met their demise and the leaves on our Little Henrys loosened by turning Autumn red last week, have drifted into the neighbor’s yard. I feel winter all around me... my mom and I dream of moving to Florida and sticking our toes in the sand. Because I have been so busy with work I have hardly noticed the change in weather... other than having to wear scarves and pack sweaters for my trips to Chicago.
This weekend my parents came to visit bearing two oak trees to plant in our yard. We tried to calculate the optimum location. One ended up in the front yard just west of the house and the other was placed west of the patio in the back. Sitting on the couch in the living room you can see the bright red leaves peaking through the South facing window. In 25 years, we'll have shade. I hope the future inhabitants of this modest abode will love them as much as I do. They also brought our new antique desk for the office. I can't wait to get to work on it so my craft room/office can be completed. I look forward to the day that it will be the resting place for the mac that I don't own.

My talented mom helped me finish the curtains in the kitchen. I am amazed at how much better they look. I wish I could pilfer her know-how sometimes... my projects would be finished much sooner with a lot less headache. But like she likes to remind me, "I don't know how many times I took stitches out before learning the correct way to do it." I guess I wouldn’t learn a thing if I didn’t mess up every once in awhile.
In 25 years, our friend Brent will be 51. Last Saturday, his lovely wife Amy threw him a surprise party. He really was surprised and we all had such a great time. We headed out bowling where Matt and I had a combined score of 140-something. Sorry to out you babe. Anyway, a big fat iyay! for cosmic bowling. Some of the pictures turned out awesome.
P.S.- B. Slater-Kellen’s pictures are FINISHED!

0 comments: