Tuesday, October 14, 2008

mmm... Autumn (Weekend Recap)

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot
When I think about fall, I dream of hooded sweatshirts, evenings of carving pumpkins while sipping on hot apple cider, and spending time with wonderful friends. This weekend: all of the above accomplished.
Friday night Brent and Amy came to the Anderson abode to partake in some Fallish activities. We ate pumpkin bars (courtesy of Amy) and apple pie. It was my first one using real apples instead of the easy apple pie filling. It turned out o.k. besides NOT being able to get it out of the pan. It was Amy's first time carving a pumpkin so it was quite the treat. We even cooked up the pumpkin seeds to munch on and sipped on hot apple cider in my favorite Halloween mugs. The jack-o-lanterns turned out awesome and I am pretty sure mine is very happy abiding on my front porch.
Thank for a magical evening Amy and Brent!

On Saturday Matt and I headed down to Southern Illinois for a friends baby shower AND to hang with friends/family. It was the first time we boarded Izzy which was pretty stressful. I constantly thought about her all cooped up in a cage. Us country folk aren't used to that. Anyway, besides that the weekend was AWESOME. I got to see almost all of my college friends which was SUCH a delight. Here is "us" and the mom-to-be. Can't wait till baby Chloe comes along in December!

3 comments:

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Hi there! Found your blog randomly, just wanted to compliment the jack o lanterns, they look great :)

Unknown said...

Codswallop! I cannot believe she never carved a pumpkin! Glad you had fun at homecoming!

Courtney said...

Good job on the pie!! I keep wanting to make one but lack the guts to do it.....you girls look so cute in the picture from Bethany's shower! Makes me miss carbondale...