Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ain't Nothin But Changes

After a very long month of traveling and late nights of testing I am glad to say that things are slowing down a bit just in time for the bustling holiday season. Although things have been crazy with work Matt and I have made a few changes around the ole abode (starting and ending with our craft room/office). We first started with my craft table chairs. A few years ago my friend Kara left me an old IKEA table when she left college. I happily inherited it and gave it to Matty (my then boyfriend) to have as a breakfast table in his apt. above the ice cream shoppe. i didn't know WHAT to do with it when we got married. I already had a great garage sale find for a kitchen table. So i put it in a guest bedroom and it has morphed into the sewing/scrapbooking/painting/everything table. I painted the table white a few months back but the chairs remained the original color. Recently however I painted and covered them to go with my theme (you know a little bit vintage). Here is the before...

And here is the after...
And THIS my friends is our new desk. It feels like I have waited FOREVER for this thing. Well worth the wait. It looked like this when we started...
and after about 15 coats of paint (stupid blood red stain) it looked like this...
But my favorite part of my new desk is that I get a visitor while editing my photos...

THE END.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I love your projects. Matt and I have a desk that we got off craigslist that we need to paint....sigh. I'm not a fan of painting, your beautiful desk motivates me.

Unknown said...

Oh, Shannon, I adore what you've done with them! Now, just think of how much prettier that desk would look with a MAC sitting on top!