Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Martha has my Husband

Written by Shannon Leigh


Apparently my husband loves Martha Stewart.
After 3 1/2 years of marriage this came as a complete shock.

How do I know?
We sat on the couch a few nights ago watching Martha Stewart's Holiday Open House. She made golden bow cookies with Jennifer Garner and turkey egg ornaments with Claire Danes, all while not making a single mess. She then made a holiday cassoulet with like 6 different kinds of meat in a pot the size of my kitchen table. I'm fairly certain that's what sold him.

I told Matt that the show was making me depressed and that he could change the channel. Glued to the TV he said "that's ok, she kind of sucks you in." Thus her multimillion dollar corporation.

Throughout the rest of the show he kept saying "whoa, she really is amazing..."
"How'd she do that?" "She is so good!"

When we went to bed that night he was laying flat on his back, eyes open, staring at the ceiling. I asked him what he was thinking about and his answer? "All I can think about it Martha's holiday Cassoulet."

I am not sure if I should be thrilled by this or utterly mortified.

Thrilled because he really does like creative-do-it-yourself-ers like Martha or mortified because she is the ultimate-do-it-yourself-er and I could never live up to her, especially in the mess department.

If he ever gets frustrated with my crafting I'll just remind him that if he wants me to be like Martha he better step off.



0 comments: